Pages

Chevron Background

Monday, October 27, 2014

Waking Up Early: This Challenge is OVER.

Because our family is going through this stuff with the church right now, and last week I came to realize this time challenge is just not effective for us right now, I have decided to call this finished.  I have enjoyed getting back to blogging, and keeping track of memories and things I learn, but trying to do it every single day has been a little bit too much.  We are also having some computer problems on our laptop, so I can't put up any pictures unless I swipe them from social media.

Today was exhausting.  I did manage to do some laundry, but the kitchen did not get clean, and no clutter was picked up.  Instead, it felt like I had mini-battles with Jonah all day long while the baby has also decided I am her pacifier.  This is what I decided to be honest about today:
Landing Page:
Where It All Started

We often only post the cute moments, or the clean rooms, or the pretty things. Today my 2 year old kid is refusing to eat the last half of his eggs, and also repeatedly throwing the plate down, refusing to put them back on the plate. Lots of yelling the word "NO!" Lots of tears and snot and head shaking. I just had to keep walking away, giving myself some distance, letting him calm down, and then calmly presenting him with his 2 options again: eat it or put it back on the plate. There is no reasoning with this irrational age. I had to keep repeating to myself the great line I learned at the #d62014 conference: "You will not provoke me, and I will not provoke you." From Ephesians 6:4 and @loverespectinc
Much harder said than done, but oh my, how much time we waste with worry and stress that accomplishes nothing. Pray, give it to Him, and bravely wait for His answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment