Pages

Chevron Background

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Waking Up Early: Day 24 - Sweet Morning

I didn't set my alarm.

I awoke to Jonah serenading me with this little play keyboard that plays random songs.  As it played something obnoxiously loudly that sounded the 'Row, row, row your boat' tune, Jonah just kept saying over and over in the sweetest little voice,

"I wuv you so much, so much, so much.  I wuv you so much, so much, so much."

Then, he KISSED my cheek!

At least FIVE times!

If you don't know my kid then this probably is like, "Whatever. Her kid gave her a kiss."

But, people, Jonah is NOT affectionate.  He is not a kisser.
He is not a cuddler, save for the first 5 minutes after he wakes up from a nap, he will cuddle then.
On days when he is really being  a total jerk face butthole strong-willed with leadership potential, I actually make him repeat after me, "I love you Mommy." because I need to hear his little voice say it to help me not be so mad at him.  I sometimes will bribe him with chocolate chips to get kisses.

Today they were FREE!  All free and given so sweetly.  How could you not wake up in a good mood after that?

It was so incredibly, uncharacteristically sweet.

It was 8 something and it was worth every second, every kiss.


Landing Page:
Why Am I Doing This?
All 31 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment