Pages

Chevron Background

Friday, October 24, 2014

Waking Up Early: Day 23 - All Things Well

I have been going to this cool thing called "Community Bible Study" that happens every Thursday morning with at least a hundred women from the surrounding area at our church from 10:30-12:30.  It reminds me of Bible Study Fellowship.  I'm not sure about the exact differences, because I was in BSF in High School and I don't remember a ton of details.  They do great lessons with the kids, while the moms are also learning.  We are going through the book of Mark.  Last week CBS helped me conquer my fear of Ebola.  This week CBS helped me to conquer my fear of all the craziness happening in our church right now. I honestly have told the Lord, "Why did you give us such a mess?"  However, this part of Mark 7:37 just jumped off the page at me today:

Photo Credit
Even if it looks like a mess to us, this is not a mess to Him.  One day He will look at me and say, "Do you see what I did there? Do you get it now?"  It would be fantastic if that day was on this side of heaven, but it may not be.  I'm okay with that.  He has done everything well.

I was also invited to go to a revival in another town with a few people from our church leading worship.  I got to ride with a sweet lady who comes to my Ladies Bible Study group, but wasn't able to this week.  She said such a sweet profound thing, that went something like this,

"I was talking to my sister the other day and we both realized that a lot of our memories about our mom, when we were little, are of her cleaning.  I distinctly remember her cleaning during the morning while I played by myself, and then being so happy during lunch because we would fix lunch together and then eat together at the table.   Then she would fold laundry while I played by myself again. I just wanted to tell you that."

Wow.  It was such a beautiful way of reminding me that my kids will grow up and remember what I spent my days doing, and I do not want them to remember me cleaning instead of playing with them.  It was such a blessing. It was such an affirmation.  It was just God, using His people, to strengthen each other.  It was exactly what I needed after yesterday.

Worship was also wonderful. I haven't had the chance to relax into worship lately because I've been running the powerpoint slides.  It's hard to raise your hands and close your eyes and not mess up the slide progression.  It was so good I just got on my knees and cried a few times.

I was introduced to this sweet song called "Unstoppable Love":


Landing Page:
Why Am I Doing This?
All 31 Days


1 comment: