Pages

Chevron Background

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Waking Up Early: Day 18 - Tired

I can't tell you, honestly, that getting up earlier is really helping me in any way.  I'm tired all the time again, and I still struggle to fit in my quiet time mostly during the kids' naptimes.  I feel like I had good intentions at the beginning of this challenge, but then Jonah started getting up just as early or earlier than my goal time, so my plans are foiled again.

A good friend of mine who has been through many trials,  has been saying so often lately how ridiculous it is for us to make plans, because as humans we just have no idea what is going to happen next.

I wish I had some golden nugget about how fantastic my life has become from getting up earlier, around the same time every day.  I really thought that this one little change would result in a domino effect of more productivity and time to do other things.  It does not so far.  However, because I am a flexible rule-follower or "ENFP" personality type, I am more interested in ideas than actually carrying them out.  This is a great example.  It was a good idea in my head.  Carried out day to day, it's not that great.   Saturdays are busy and tough as we prepare for Sunday.  I am tired.

Jonah was tough to deal with behaviorally today.  I remembered that Karis is 9 months old right before I got them ready for bed.




Landing Page:Why Am I Doing This?All 31 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment