Pages

Chevron Background

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Waking Up Early: Day 9 - Friends Help

After yesterday when God told me to "Be the Mary He created me to be," and I spent quite some time in prayer, I was very glad I had been prayed up.  It was a rough evening, with some unexpected events.  This morning we were a little stressed about the state of the house, because obviously when you DO stop and pray for several minutes and then the kids wake up, then you DON'T end up cleaning.  Then the next day the mess is still there, and the prayers feel stale, and I went off to Community Bible Study and prayed I wasn't wrong to have prayed more than cleaned the day before, because we were preparing to have some dinner guests tonight.

Then like AN ANGEL, my sweet neighbor came over and helped me clean!  I fed the kids lunch and put them down for a nap and she was still cleaning.  Then she stayed and we had really good conversation while I cleaned some more and wore the baby in the ergo.  This evening we had fun with several kind new friends and then some old friends later on who stopped by after we put the kids to bed.  All this hosting took place in a very clean lower level of the house.   No one went upstairs.

It was a good day.

Coffee and conversations.

Friends and fellowship.

Prayers and pretty neighbors who answer them.

Deep thankful sighs.

Landing Page:Why Am I Doing This?All 31 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment