Pages

Chevron Background

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Praying for Your Family - 7. Wednesday


Wouldn't it be awesome to know that your family loved Christ and followed Him so well, they had some impact on changing the world? It will not happen if we don't pray for it and actively teach our kids by example.  World changing sounds very large scale, and when I think of large scale happenings, I usually think "That is going to take a really smart person to figure out how to do that."  Gaining wisdom naturally would lead into helping our family change the world.  The Bible has a lot to say about the value of wisdom and asking God for it.  




Wednesday- World Changers/Wisdom: 


Dear God, 

Please help my children change the world by living for you in a big way. Help them to always remember that you said to 'Love God and Love Others' as our top priorities. I know if they embrace that with humility and follow you with their entire lives, then they will change the world around them. Help me to model a People>Projects attitude, and show loving kindness when I'd rather lash out so that I can teach them only servant hearts can change hardened hearts. Guide my husband to seek you first in all things, because the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Help him to seek you for answers and pray about decisions instead of making them in haste. Give him the wisdom to know what to preach about, which scripture, for exactly the right time people need to hear it. Help him to bring world change one sermon at a time. Please give me the wisdom to know what to do and say at the right times to be a good helpmate and mother, and when to silly be still and listen so they can hear your wisdom louder than mine. Show me and my husband how to demonstrate your wisdom that is pure, peace loving, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering and not hypocritical.  Help us to be wise by seeking you first in all that we do. Let your will be done through us. Help us to change the world around us by making wise choices to further your kingdom, not our own.  Help my children grow to be wise, making Godly decisions. In Jesus' Name, 

Amen. 


This is the seventh post in a series on Praying for Your Family: a 31 Day Challenge.  You can go to the main 'landing page' for a list of all the days by clicking here:
Landing Page

No comments:

Post a Comment