Pages

Chevron Background

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Praying for Your Family - 6. Tuesday

Culture, media, general society, and the world have fed us all lies that we sometimes (often) believe.  These lies are especially difficult to fight when life is tough.  We must cling to the truth of the Word of God the most when we are faced with trials of any kind.  Truth and trials seem to go together for that reason to me.




Tuesday- Truth/Trials:


Father God, 

In a world of relevant truth, I beg you to help my children always know that You are Truth. Your word gives us absolute truth. Help them to know you and your word so well that they can identify the lies of the enemy, the lies the world would have them believe. Help them to not just know with a head knowledge, but to believe with a heart knowledge your truth that will always set them free. Help them to hunger for your Word so they can build a foundation of truth-seeking from an early age. Help them to be honest little people, and value telling the truth even when it is costly. Help my husband to hear and understand your truth in order to effectively share it with others. Help him to identify the devil's lies he has believed and to replace those lies with your truth.  Be with my husband and kids as they experience the trials of this life.  Lord, I pray they always know you are carrying them through. As they deal with trials, please remind them to put all of their hope and trust in you, because you are the only one who never fails.  In their trials, remind them that you are the God of angel armies, and you go with them and before them, and nothing can stand against You.  Show me how to cultivate a house that speaks the truth in love and goes straight to prayer and praise in my trials instead of fear, yelling, and anger. Help me to truthfully repent to my family when I am wrong and to point my eyes, my heart back to you in all of my trials. In Jesus' Name, 

Amen. 

This is the sixth post in a series on Praying for Your Family: a 31 Day Challenge.  You can go to the main 'landing page' for a list of all the days by clicking here:
Landing Page


No comments:

Post a Comment