Pages

Chevron Background

Friday, August 16, 2013

Going Home, but Seeking Direction

We are so excited to be going home on Tuesday!
We are happy to finally get rest.  Deep, happy, just-our-little-family kind of rest.
We are encouraged by many sweet people telling us how glad they are we are moving back.
We are glad to get to see our parents more often, and this makes the "Nanas and the Papas" very happy, too!

However, underneath it all, is that little strange feeling once again of stepping out into the unknown.
We don't have a job lined up.
We aren't worried about it, not feeling anxious, and are very excited for some rest, but this is in the back of our minds.

We have NEVER been in need before.
When we moved to Memphis, people said, "Oh, it's SO HARD to get a job in Shelby County Schools!"
Then God dropped the offer of two teaching positions in my lap as if to say, "I've got you right where I want you.  Do not fear, for I am with you."
We knew so many people in seminary who scraped by, and we never had to.
A part of us wonders if this will be our scraping season.

We are ready to be in full-time ministry.
We just don't have a place to serve.
Would you please pray with us for direction?
Direction on where to look, where to apply, or maybe just God saying "Go There." (would be great)

This will be our 6th move in the last 5 years.
It's exhausting, stressful, and difficult.
We are praying for stability and roots.
We want to serve in a place where our family can grow for some good, long years.

John went to Seminary to serve in ministry, and we are so ready to do it!
We are moving home for now to Alabama, and we are looking forward to the time of rest, but we are also wondering what the future holds, and where we will be living in a few months.
I find myself wondering where this baby will be born.
What kind of ministry will God lead us to be involved in next?

This Sidewalk Prophets song "Help Me Find It" is the cry of my heart right now.

Although I don't feel like we are worried yet, I can tell it will creep in if we do not actively hold on to Scripture and push worry away by trading it for faith and enjoying the present moments we find ourselves in until that job arrives.  Matthew 6:25-34 clearly tells me that God will take care of all of my needs, and I should not worry:
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?[a] 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Photo Credit

We appreciate your prayers as we look for the right church to know that we are the right people for them.

Until then, we will rest, we will wait, and we will just have fun growing our babies!

Here's some of Jonah lately:
Smiling at himself in one of his new cloth diapers
Loves being outside
I love that smile!

Good news: We find out September 3rd the gender of Baby #2!  I have given my husband the task of surprising me with a little gender reveal that evening with our parents.  I am so excited!  I love surprises, and since I surprised him with the baby news, I told him it was his turn to surprise me. :)  There are always things to look forward to, even this side of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment